We are looking for committed and innovative people to join our School, who share a passion for excellence, upholding principles of child safety and are willing to support the Anglican ethos of the School. Now is the time to realise your career ambitions and take advantage of the exciting opportunities that Gippsland Grammar can offer.
Current Employment Opportunities
Please click here to view and apply for current employment opportunities.
Register interest in future Employment Opportunities
To register your interest in future employment and to receive Job Alerts for positions at Gippsland Grammar please click here.
Applying for a job at Gippsland Grammar is simple.
Read the position description for the vacancy and if you feel you have the skills required and wish to apply, complete the online application.
Prior to submitting our application, please be mindful that all staff must:
- Have detailed knowledge of, and be able to adhere to the School’s policies and child safety practices, including the Child Protection and Safety Policy and Child Protection Staff Code of Conduct.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the School’s obligations in respect of Ministerial Order No. 870, the Reportable Conduct Scheme, mandatory reporting, and the failure to disclose and failure to protect offences.
- Satisfy a National Police Check at the time of recruitment and be willing to undergo a check at any time during the course of employment with the School.
- Hold a valid Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) registration or, depending on the role, an employee level Working with Children’s Check (WWCC).
- Adhere to all our Occupational Health and Safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Be willing to be involved in all aspects of the School’s day to day life.
- Satisfy the School’s pre-employment child safety reference checks, which will address the applicant’s history of work involving children.
- Provide certified proof of their personal identity and professional qualifications.
- Be inducted by the School in respect to its policies, codes, practices and procedures governing child safety and child connected work.
- Be able to work independently, but also be able to be part of a dynamic, creative and collaborative team.
If applying for a position, please note that Gippsland Grammar is a child safe environment. Every child has a right to be safe, and at the School, we take a zero-tolerance approach to any behaviours that jeopardise student safety (including child abuse and reportable conduct). As such, preferred applicants will be subject to child protection screening, background and reference checks, verification of identity checks and must adhere to the School’s child safe practices, as outlined in the Child Protection Program policies on our website.
To complete your online application, you will need to supply:
- A cover letter (maximum 4 pages) that:
- Explains why you are applying for the position,
- Outlines your commitment to child safety and
- Addresses the key selection criteria; and
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages) outlining your contact details, qualifications, relevant history of child-connected work and other work (including dates/period of employment and summary of duties and responsibilities), suitability to work with children, education and professional memberships; and
- The name and contact details of three work related referees.
Please ensure you have these ready prior to commencing your online application, as you cannot save your application midway through the application process.
Our Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity
Gippsland Grammar is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity principles and is committed to the principles of merit-based selection, equity, diversity and procedural fairness in our recruitment process.
Our Commitment to Child Safety
Gippsland Grammar is committed to protecting its students from all aspects of harm. The School’s statement of commitment to child safety, and the overarching principles which uphold the School’s commitment can be found in our Child Protection and Safety Policy – a copy of which is available on our website.
Conditions of Employment
Conditions and remuneration are commensurate with experience and covered by the Gippsland Grammar 2018 Enterprise Agreement.
- Six weeks annual leave for general staff (five weeks for grounds staff)
- Access to Long Service Leave after 7 years
- 14 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer
- Staff tuition fee discounts
- EAP for emotional wellbeing
- Free flu vaccination
Gippsland Grammar maintains strict privacy and confidentiality regarding employment applications and applications will not be made available to a third party. To gain employment at Gippsland Grammar all applicants must satisfy compliance requirements, including the entitlement to work in Australia.
Should you require any further information, please contact the Human Resources Manager on 5143 6388.
A number of opportunities exist for enthusiastic and supportive individuals to join Blackwood House, Gippsland Grammar's residential Boarding House...
Gippsland Grammar seeks an experienced and dedicated Learning Assistant to work school at our Garnsey Campus on an ongoing, five day per week basis
A suitably experienced cleaner is required as soon as possible to join our Cleaning Team, working split shifts from 5am to 8:30am followed by 3pm t...
We are seeking a reliable Maintenance Officer to maintain our School facilities to the highest standard. This is a real tree change opportunity!
Ongoing full-time position to lead the team and shape the direction of our Pathways Program across F-12.